DRAFT ELIGIBLE CONCERNS AND COACHING CONTRACTS
This is an ongoing problem for our Seniors. Players are confused about what they can and cannot participate in.Let's clear it up some for College Players, Seniors this Year and Free Agents.
YOU ARE DRAFT ELIGIBLE:
- If you played this past fall for a college and you are a senior or will pass up your senior season of eligibility then you ARE considered Draft Eligible.
- If you are at least one year removed where a fall football season has passed since you last played College Football and you have been out of High School 3 years (No College Football Necessary) then you are considered a Free Agent Player.
ALL STAR GAMES AND NFL COMBINE:
What can Draft Eligible Players participate in?
- Draft Eligible College Seniors can participate in PRE DRAFT WORKOUTS including sanctioned All Star Contest including the Shriner's Game (Houston), NFL's Senior Bowl (Mobile, AL) North South Classics - et. as well as the NFL Combine in Indianapolis (Feb).
- HOW DID THESE PLAYERS GET INVITED: These were handpicked players by Blesto and National Scouting which is basically the owned Scouting Services of the NFL.
- HOW DO THEY GET THEIR INFORMATION:They get their information collectivly from NFL Scouts you might see at your pro days and Jr. Pro Days as well as considering independent services like Pro College Football into what might be considered the "Talent Pool".
WHAT CAN DRAFT ELIGIBLE PLAYERS PARTICIPATE IN?
- Draft Eligible Seniors can participate in PRE DRAFT workouts for all Pro Level Teams at their Colleges, Residents (Parents Home) or independent Pro Camps that are conducted with the General Area of any of the following - the basic general area rule being 50 miles approximately. Seniors can also particiapte in Performance Camps for CFL and AFL teams present.
- POST DRAFT DAY RULE CHANGES:Draft Eligible Seniors become Free Agent Players after the Draft Day is over and can immediately participate in any scheduled workout with a pro team from that point foward. MINI CAMPS - Minicamps will be held immediately the next weekend typically following the draft.
WHAT CAN COLLEGE UNDERCLASSMEN PARTICIPATE IN?
- COLLEGE PLAYERS: College Players can participate in Jr. Pro Days and Independent Performance Camps but not NFL Showcase Exhibitions. This is why Pro College Football has an additional Free Agent Showcase Session at the Tampa, FL and Reno, NV Pre Draft Camps.
NFL COACHING CONTRACTS -There are several Services that will require or try to require players to sign an NFL Coaching agreement. This is totally the players option just know what you are getting into. The agreements typically hold the player responsible for %5 of earnings for 5 years but is more geared toward college seniors that are the next year's free agent registrations at that services NFL Free Agent Camp where the players are locked in early before they were aware of choices.
WHEN IN DOUBT CHECK IT OUT -There are some new combine and all star games trying to start up each year. Before you participate you might get your facts straight so you make the best choice.Check with Resources such as www.nflpa.org Pro College Football is not responsible for mis-translations on rules et. players should check with their compliance directors on eligibility matters and rules.www.procollegefootball.com