FREE AGENT PROSPECT
K - Husby, Chris P, St. Thomas 04
St. Thomas Univ.
Class: December of 2004
Hometown: Plymouth, MN
High School: Robbinsdale Armstrong HS
Height / Weight: 6' / 195 lbs
Position: P/K Punt, with Kick off and field goal experience
General Area Workouts for Pro Teams: No tryouts with pro teams
Scouting (Staff):Paul Assad, Pro College Football Player Development and Scouting comments:
Coming after Evaluation.
COLLEGE: University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN)
HIGH SCHOOL: Robbinsdale Armstrong High School. Kicked game winning field goal in 1st round of playoffs as a Senior.
- St. Thomas Special Teams MVP.
- 2 time MIAC Special teams player of the week
- Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) Special Teams Player of the Week (10/23/2004)
- MIAC Special Teams Player of the Week (9/18/2004)-Honorable Mention
- •2004 U. of St. Thomas Special Teams MVP•Graduated Dec. 2004 with degree in Marketing & Financial Management (3.10 gpa)
- Ranked among conference leaders in ypp (36.7 on 58 punts) and net punting with 14 landed inside opponent's 20-yard line. Only allowed two punts for touchbacks, had one punt blocked in 58 attempts, and one personal tackle. Had a season-best punt of 65 yards from deep within own team's end zone. Helped team improve 3-7 football finish of 2003 into a 7-2 record in 2004 Had game-best averages of 46.3 (Carleton), 44.4 (Bethel), 43.9 (Concordia), and 40.6 (Hamline) during a nine-game season Had single punt bests of 65, 55, 53, 52, 51, 49 and 48 (twice), and 11 others over 40 yards. Had a season-best punt of 65 yards from deep within own teams end zone vs. Carleton. (Punt had hang time for about 60 yards and bounced for five yards). Within same game had another punt of 51 yards while punting close to our own end zone. Had a big game at Bethel with a 44.4-yard average including 53-yard punt into headwind, along with punts of 48 and 49 yards with the wind. (One 28-yard punt pulled the average down).