WASHINGTON REDSKINS 20009
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 2008
Glenn Pakulak, Kentucky - Free Agent Punter
WASHINGTON REDSKINS PUNTER 2009Updated: Finished 4th in NFL Gross Punting Net. Had several over 50 yard plus punts and highlight was his 70 yard bomb out of the endzone in Tampa Bay. Should be among top punters in the NFL in 2009.
46.8 Average - Top 6 NFL & Top 3 NFC Punters in first 3 NFL Games.
NFL Game Punts on NFL Network Video
SIGNED BY NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - PAKULAK A SAINT
Height: 6-2 Weight: 226 Age: 28
Experience: 2 Seasons
NFL Link /
* Signed by New Orleans Saints for Regular Season week 9
* Pre Season with Oakland Raiders.
• Signed a future contract with the Titans on 1/12/07, assigned to NFL Europe...released during training camp roster cuts, but re-signed to practice squad on 9/21/07.
• Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Seattle Seahawks in 2002, then signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2003, and was released at the end of the season.
• Signed by the Oakland Raiders in 2006 and was assigned to the Amsterdam Admirals of NFL Europe, where he tallied 34 punts with an average of 42.1 yards per kick and a long of 59.
• Three time letterwinner for the Kentucky Wildcats, known for his accuracy in placing punts.
• As a senior, Pakulak broke the Wildcat punting record by averaging 45.6 yards per kick, placing him first in the Southeastern Conference and third in the nation. Won the Mosi Tatupu Award for the nation's best senior special teams performer, and was a finalist for the Ray Guy Award for the nation's best punter. Was named first team All-SEC and third team All-American by the Associated Press.
• As a junior, led the SEC and ranked sixth nationally with a 44.5 yards per kick average. Kicked a 69 yard punt against Georgia, the eighth longest punt in school history. Had three games in which the opposition had zero return yards on punts. Solidified his reputation at being able to place kicks inside the 20 yard line.
• As a sophomore, Pakulak punted the final three games of the season against Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee with an average of 37.8 yards per punt. Kicked a season long 47 yarder against the Volunteers.
• As a redshirt freshman, punted for the Kentucky junior varsity team.
• Majored in kinesiology.
• Attended East (Lapeer, Mich.) High School where he was a two year starter at punter, kicker, linebacker, and receiver for coach Brad Gerlach. Averaged over 40 yards per kick and also caught ten touchdowns. Was named first team all-area and all-league punter, kicker, and receiver, and second-team all area linebacker. Was a three year letterman in baseball and basketball.
• Won the East High scholar student award.
• Born Glenn Adam Pakulak on April 9, 1980 in Pontiac, Mich.
* PRO COLLEGE FOOTBALL DREAM TEAM